Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can we get married at Longthorns?
- Yes, you can, Longthorns hold a license for ceremonies inside The Old Dairy Parlour, under the Pagoda and in the Alpaca Bay.
- For the ceremony we provide 50 chairs, a signing table, flowers for decoration.
- Parking for the registrar and a PA system.
- Extra chairs are available at an additional cost.
- Fees apply to the registrar office and Longthorns
2. How do I book?
- First you need to check availability with us to see if your date is free and advise us you would like to book.
- A deposit of £500.00 is payable to confirm your booking.
3. What if it rains?
- Our marquee is located on the old dairy yard so not on the grass.
- Our Old Dairy Parlour is attached to the marquee so need no to get wet on your way to the bar.
4. How many tables and chairs do you have?
- In our packages, we provide up to 120 lime washed chivari chairs, and 10 long tables and 5 round tables both sizes seat 8 = 120
5. Do you provide table cloths?
- We provide cream tablecloths for the above 15 tables.
6. Can we use candles?
- Battery operated candles only.
7. Are any decorations included in the package?
- The marquee will be dressed in cream drapes and chandeliers or rustic cartwheel lighting for you to decorate as you wish.
- Please no decorations to be stapled or blue tacked in the Old Dairy Parlour.
- We can assist with venue styling or we can recommend companies who can do the styling for you.
8. Can we bring our own drinks?
- Longthorns offer competitively priced drinks packages.
- You may bring your own drinks subject to a cost to cover chilling, glasses, clean up and serving of Welcome and Toast drinks. Limits apply, all other drinks must be purchased from the bar.
9. Do you have a sound/PA system for ceremony/speeches/music?
- Yes, we do suitable to connect to play-lists.
10. Are we able to hang fairy lights?
- You can hang fairy lights inside and outside, but please be mindful there is only one power source outside which light the main ones, but LED battery ones would work well.
11. Can we have fireworks or Chinese lanterns?
- No Fireworks, candles, Chinese lanterns or flame-throwers on the Longthorns Farm premises. Sparklers on the Patio are a nice alternative.
12. Can we have live music and until what time?
- Yes, you are able to have live music or DJ at the venue in the Marquee. Live band or DJ or any amplified music would need to finish at 11.30pm.
- You are welcome to have background music from an iPod etc., playing after the amplified music finishes, whilst your guests finish their last drinks and retire to their accommodation.
13. Can you hold other events at Longthorns?
- Longthorns hold a variety of events throughout the year and are always happy to discuss your event.
14. Can we use outside caterers?
- Longthorns provide a choice of catering packages for you, but if we cannot meet your requirements outside caterers are permitted excluding Hog Roast companies, (Longthorns supply Hog Roast catering).
- Any outside caterers must provide their own equipment/field kitchen and must provide Longthorns with a public liability insurance, catering certificates and gas safety certificate is applicable.
15. Are there toilets on site?
- We have full toilet and shower facilities.
16. Is there parking available?
- There is plenty of parking for all your guests.
17. Can we use confetti?
- Yes, you can use confetti, but it must to be biodegradable (dissolves in water), or rose petals.
18. Do you have disabled access?
- We have a gravel car park, but concrete access to all areas and have a disabled accessibility room.
19. Do you supply a cake table?
- Yes, we supply a cake table, tablecloth and a cake knife free.
20. If there somewhere for the bride to dress?
- We supply dressing room for the bride to prepare in before the wedding.
21. Is Vat included?
- Vat is included in all prices.