Enjoy long summer evening around our new fire pits, roasting marsh mellows or just enjoying the crackle of the wood burning.
Fire Pits and BBQ's
Hiring a Fire Pit.
- We offer 3 Options of Fire Pit hire.
- Option 1 Includes the Fire pit, a 3 kg bag of Dorset charcoal, Kindling wood, 1 net of logs, Eco Fire-lighters and a Webber grill top to cook on. £31.00
- Option 2 Includes the Fire pit, Kindling wood, Fire-lighters, a net of logs £22.50
- Option 3 You can bring your own, but strictly no Fire baskets, washing machine drums, only purpose built solid bottomed pits and raised off of the ground. £5.00 fee to cover insurance and fire equipment.
- Only seasoned wood may be burnt; no pallet wood, or off cuts of carpentry. Logs available to purchase in reception or the Honesty Shop when reception is shut.
- All of the above are subject to our strict rules on the use of the fire pits
Terms Of Hire and Safety
- When using any outdoor fireplace make sure safety is your No 1 priority. Please familiarise yourself with the Fire Extinguishers on site.
- Never leave a fire unattended and know how to use your fire safety equipment. Make sure your fire is out before going to bed at night even if it means filling a smouldering fire pit with water.
- Don't sacrifice safety remember you are dealing with fire. Whenever a fire is lit there is a potential to cause damage to you, friends, family, your tent, caravan etc.
- When starting any controlled fire, safety is the number one concern.
- Do not tip ash around the camp site, this is a huge fire risk hazard , always use the metal containers provided.
- Please always follow the safety instruction sheet supplied with your fire pit, only burn the seasoned wood provided.
- Fire Hazard:-although very tempting, please do not try and create the biggest height of flames, our Fire pits are a safe size for our camp-site, so piling up logs too high creates a hazard as they may topple.
- Strictly no going into the woods for firewood. We are under a woodland Management scheme. Thank You
Please read the above and accept our Terms before Hiring a Fire -Pit
- Our terms of BBQ use are covered in the fire pit hire , but please follow these simple rules for any other BBQ's
- Disposal BBQ,s please do not use directly on our grass, bricks are available for your use.
- Strictly no BBQ,s inside of tents, Carbon Monoxide kills.
- Ash's only to be emptied in the metal bins provided.
- BBQ use at least 3 metres away from tents, units.
- Lastly please make sure they are fully extinguished before retiring to bed.
How this works?
- This hire is for the duration of your stay, extra nets of wood logs, charcoal, fire-lighters etc. can be purchased from reception.
- Once booked we will deliver the fire-pit to your pitch, and set it up on level ground and raised bricks, to ensure the heat does not conduct down to the grass. This must be at least 3 metres from your tent or caravan.
- Always start your fire with the kindling wood, if you are cooking first, add your charcoal, the Dorset Charcoal ignites quickly, so no need for fire-lighters, this is ready to cook on in 15 minutes, this charcoal burns cleanly, and has a greater volume per Kg.
- After you have enjoyed your BBQ, remove the grill top using tongs, (sorry not provided) allow to cool, then start to add the logs in a tripod fashion, this allow the air to circulate building up the heat in the centre , then sit back, enjoy and relax by your Fire-pit, toast your Marsh mallows, or make camp fire biscuits !!
See our Terms and Conditions here
See our Guide to using our Fire Pits and the Terms and Conditions here